Sunday 3rd September 2017- Sign up for the 1, 3 or 5km distance
Welcome to the home of the GeoPark, English Riviera Swimming. This challenging event takes place in the beautiful Global GeoPark of Torbay, the perfect location for Open Water Swimming and will raise money for The Water Safety Charity-Above Water-Lifeguards into Schools.
Staged in the sheltered waters off Goodrington Sands all competitors will experience open water swimming at its very best. What’s so exciting about this course is the natural arena that is created by the cliffs at both ends of the beach and the wonderful spectator promenade on North Beach. Spectators will be able to ‘cheer on’ every stroke as the competitors swim along the sea wall.
There are three "go-long" distances on offer to challenge your spirit of adventure, 1, 3 or 5km. All distances start on North Beach and swim a circuit of the Goodrington Sands Bay.
Over 12's can enter the 1km distance, over 16's can enter the 3km, over 18's ONLY for 5km.
LOCATION Goodrington Sands, Paignton
DATE Sunday 3rd September, event starts from 3.30pm
DISTANCE 1km/ 3km/ 5km
1km- £25 Non BT members/ £20 BT members
3km- £30 Non BT members/ £25 BT members
5km- £40 Non BT members/ £35 BT members
Opens at 14:30 (2.30pm) and closes at 15:45 (3.45pm). All swimmers MUST attend registration to collect swim hats, complete reg forms and have hands numbered.
PRE-EVENT INFO WILL BE SENT OUT (VIA EMAIL) ON THURSDAY 31st AUGUST
Swim START TIMES 1km start- 1530hrs , 3 & 5km start- 1600hrs
The course is marked and marshaled and will be a mass beach start for each discipline. This event is a real festival of open water swimming, designed to encourage your desire for being in our spectacular GeoPark.
Whats included in your entry to this Open Water Swim-
- Triathlon England PERMITTED event
- Awesome ‘big swim feel’ set up
- Public Liability Insurance
- Secure online entry system
- Race Pack (Collect from Registration)
- Event HQ on the beach/Prom with toilets & changing set aside in the Surf Life Saving Club
- Secure kit storage available
- Lifeguard cover from Torbay Surf Life Saving Club
- Excellent buoyed and smiley lifeguarded routes
- First aid cover provided by DEVON ESSENTIAL MEDICAL SERVICES
- Drink & food station out on the water
- Gender Categories
- Event Medal for all finishers!
- BTF Day Membership for Non-Members
- Car Parking FREE in the Youngs Park area.
- GeoPark Adventure will give a FREE place to anyone wishing to raise £100 or more for our chosen charity- Above Water.
If you would like to keep up-to-date with this and all other GeoPark Adventure events, please 'like', 'follow' and 'share' us on Facebook & Twitter.
British Triathlon (BT) Members must bring their valid membership cards to REGISTRATION to receive discount and insurance.
GeoSwim Results for last year- 2016
1st Liz Allen, 2nd Jess Schoeneberg, 3rd Abbi McRae
1st Will Rutland, 2nd Toby Smith, 3rd Joel Wain
1st Rebecca Hitt, 2nd Lily Collins-Board, 3rd Tamsin Dawe
1st Adam Roberts, 2nd Ashley McInally, 3rd George Siskos
1st Paul Young, 2nd, Joe Osborne, 3rd Harvey Dann
1st Marisa Schubert, 2nd Laura Schubert, 3rd Karen Watkins
See all other results in images below or on our Facebook Page